Monday, February 11, 2008

Finished hats on easy knitting patterns!


Ok, I have some hats for you!!!! Here I have a couple that I have made for my beautiful niece Konstanza. The yellow cap is the same pattern I provided yesterday. That website has pretty easy knitting patterns for hats and it was created for a great cause, check it out! This hat was made on a yellow worsted angora/wool mixed yarn.













The burgundy/red cap is made out of the newsboy cap pattern from the Stitch n Bitch Nation book. The book is on the slideshow on the right with other of my favorite knitting books and dvd's. You can find some easy knitting patterns on some of these books, specially on the Stitch and Bitch ones. This hat was made with caron simply soft on "Autumn Red". As usual, I changed the pattern a little bit. I made it longer and I changed the brim into a more sleek and simple look.

The next two hats are the product of the altered pattern I gave yesterday. The first one (first 3 pictures) is the gray one for Nate's birthday with the beautiful Australian merino yarn and the black one, which looks kind of grayist on the pictures (last 2 pictures), was one I made for my husband with some caron simply soft yarn in "Black" and I used US #8 needles for this yarn.




























As you might have noticed, the black hat has a much sleeker finished look, this is due to the yarn. The caron yarn is consistently regular in its shape, while the Australian merino is quite irregular, although super nice and soft!

So, these are all super easy knitting patterns for quick and really cool hats! I hope you liked them! If you have any questions, I will be happy to help in any way I can! Talk to you soon!

the lazy knitter

No comments: