Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ravelry for your easy knitting patterns and much more!

So, "what the hell is ravelry?" That was kind of the reaction I had after meeting with my Wednesday's knitting club and hearing our leader comment on this phenomenon! Then, I realized that I have missed way too many meetings, while only having time to work on my easy knitting patterns at pretty odd hours...

Here is the scoop....

"Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration."

Well, it seems that the whole idea came about after Jessica spent years blogging and unsuccessfully searching all over the web for useful knitting resources. She got extremely frustrated by not being able to find pictures for certain finished projects (so to have an idea of what to expect!!), trying to figure out what yarn was used, and what needed to be adjusted, etc...

I think we all have been there.. that is probably why I have decided to be lazy and only stick to easy knitting patterns! But this woman, helped by her husband Casey (a programmer!!) translated her frustration into this brilliant idea! A sort of "My Space" for knitting and crocheting enthusiasts! How cool is that??!!!

So... I signed up today for the waiting list.... check me out:

            • You signed up on Today
            • You are #28124 on the list.
            • 17938 people are ahead of you in line.
            • 15 people are behind you in line
            • 35% of the list has been invited so far
Yeah, it will take me a while to be able to share my easy knitting patterns on super popular ravelry!!! Oh, well...

If you want more info, here is the link to ravelry!

Till next time!
the lazy knitter

p.s.: don't forget to check out the "scary knitting" video on the right!

:)

1 comment:

Terri Lynn said...

About the time you forget (which happened to me) then you see someone else get on, then you check your mail in case you think you may have missed the invite (don't forget to do a search in your mail) just to find out you could have been on a month earlier!!!! lol